Atlanta Georgia Video
Biking Around Atlanta Georgia: Best Routes and Rentals
Atlanta, Georgia, is a vibrant city with plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities. Biking is a popular way to explore the city and its surroundings, thanks to its numerous bike-friendly routes and beautiful scenery. Whether you’re a local or a visitor, this article will guide you through the best biking routes in Atlanta and provide information on bike rentals to help you make the most of your biking experience.
Atlanta Georgia Image 1:
Exploring the Atlanta Beltline
- Eastside Trail: This 2.25-mile trail is one of the most popular sections of the Atlanta Beltline. It connects several vibrant neighborhoods, including Inman Park, Poncey-Highland, and Virginia-Highland. Enjoy the scenic views of the city while passing through parks, art installations, and local shops.
- Westside Trail: Stretching for 3 miles, the Westside Trail showcases the historic industrial areas of Atlanta. This trail provides a glimpse into the city’s past while passing through neighborhoods like West End and Adair Park.
- Northside Trail: The Northside Trail is a 1.8-mile section of the Atlanta Beltline that takes you through Tanyard Creek Park and Ardmore Park. This trail is known for its peaceful atmosphere and beautiful greenery.
Atlanta Georgia Image 2:
Exploring Piedmont Park
- Active Oval Loop: The Active Oval Loop in Piedmont Park is a popular route for bikers. This 1-mile loop takes you around the park’s active areas, including sports fields and the Piedmont Park Aquatic Center.
- Lake Clara Meer Loop: For a more scenic ride, try the Lake Clara Meer Loop. This 2.6-mile loop takes you around the picturesque Lake Clara Meer, offering stunning views of the Atlanta skyline.
- Wooded Trails: Piedmont Park also has several wooded trails for bikers looking for a nature-filled experience. These trails wind through lush forests, providing a peaceful escape from the bustling city.
Atlanta Georgia Image 3:
Exploring Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area
- Johnson Ferry Trail: This 5.6-mile trail follows the Chattahoochee River, offering beautiful views of the water and surrounding nature. It’s a great option for bikers looking for a longer, more challenging ride.
- Powers Island Trail: The Powers Island Trail is a 1.2-mile loop that takes you to Powers Island, a serene spot along the river. Enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and take in the beauty of the surrounding nature.
- Cochran Shoals Trail: The Cochran Shoals Trail is a 3.5-mile trail known for its wildlife sightings. Keep an eye out for birds, turtles, and other animals as you bike through this scenic area.
Bike Rentals in Atlanta
- Atlanta Beltline Bike Rentals: Located along the Atlanta Beltline, Atlanta Beltline Bike Rentals offers a variety of bikes for rent, including hybrid bikes, cruisers, and electric bikes. They also provide helmets and locks for a safe biking experience.
- Big Peach Running Co.: While primarily a running store, Big Peach Running Co. also offers bike rentals. They have a range of bikes available, suitable for different types of riders and terrains.
- Atlanta Bicycle Barn: Atlanta Bicycle Barn is a local bike shop that offers bike rentals for both adults and children. They have a wide selection of bikes, including mountain bikes and road bikes.
Biking around Atlanta, Georgia, is a fantastic way to explore the city’s diverse neighborhoods, parks, and natural areas. The Atlanta Beltline offers several scenic routes, such as the Eastside Trail, Westside Trail, and Northside Trail, allowing bikers to experience the city’s vibrant culture while enjoying beautiful surroundings. Piedmont Park provides a mix of active and serene routes, including the Active Oval Loop and Lake Clara Meer Loop. For a more nature-focused experience, the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area offers trails like Johnson Ferry Trail, Powers Island Trail, and Cochran Shoals Trail. With various bike rental options available, both locals and visitors can easily access bikes to embark on their biking adventures in Atlanta.