Brussels Belgium Video
Biking Around Brussels Belgium: Best Routes and Rentals
Brussels, the capital city of Belgium, is a fantastic place to explore by bike. With its flat terrain, extensive network of bike lanes, and beautiful parks, biking is not only a convenient way to get around but also a great way to experience the city’s charm. In this article, we will guide you through the best biking routes in Brussels and provide information on bike rentals to help you make the most of your cycling adventure.
Exploring the Historic City Center
Start your biking journey in the heart of Brussels by exploring the historic city center. This area is filled with iconic landmarks, stunning architecture, and vibrant streets. Here are some key points of interest to visit:
- Grand Place: Marvel at the beauty of the central square, surrounded by stunning guildhalls and the impressive Town Hall.
- Manneken Pis: Admire the famous bronze statue of a little boy urinating, a symbol of Brussels’ irreverent sense of humor.
- Saint Michael and Saint Gudula Cathedral: Visit this stunning Gothic cathedral, dedicated to the patron saints of Brussels.
Grand Place is a UNESCO World Heritage site and a must-visit attraction in Brussels. The square is often bustling with activity, hosting various events and festivals throughout the year.
Manneken Pis is a beloved Brussels icon and is often dressed in different costumes on special occasions.
The cathedral’s impressive architecture and beautiful stained glass windows make it a must-see attraction for history and art enthusiasts.
Discovering the Green Spaces
Brussels is known for its abundance of green spaces, providing a refreshing escape from the city’s hustle and bustle. Hop on your bike and explore these beautiful parks:
- Cinquantenaire Park: Enjoy the vast green lawns, picturesque ponds, and the triumphal arch in this expansive park.
- Bois de la Cambre: Cycle through this serene forested park and discover its charming lake and picturesque paths.
- Brussels Park: Located near the Royal Palace, this park offers a peaceful retreat with its beautiful gardens and fountains.
Cinquantenaire Park is a popular spot for picnics, leisurely walks, and even outdoor concerts during the summer months.
Bois de la Cambre is a perfect destination for nature lovers and offers a tranquil atmosphere away from the city center.
Brussels Park is an ideal place to relax and enjoy a leisurely bike ride while admiring the stunning surroundings.
Exploring the Waterfront
Brussels is also home to a network of canals, providing scenic routes for bikers. Discover the city’s waterfront areas by following these routes:
- Brussels-Charleroi Canal: Ride along this picturesque canal and enjoy the charming views of the surrounding greenery.
- Brussels-Leuven Canal: Cycle along this canal and explore the charming villages and countryside landscapes along the way.
- Brussels-Willebroek Canal: Follow this route and discover the beautiful Flemish countryside and charming canal-side towns.
The Brussels-Charleroi Canal route is popular among both locals and tourists, offering a peaceful and scenic biking experience.
The Brussels-Leuven Canal route is perfect for those seeking a longer biking adventure, with plenty of picturesque spots to rest and enjoy the views.
The Brussels-Willebroek Canal route is a great choice for bikers who want to explore the outskirts of Brussels and experience the region’s natural beauty.
Bike Rentals in Brussels
If you don’t have your own bike, don’t worry! Brussels offers various bike rental options to suit your needs. Here are some recommended bike rental services:
- Villo!: This popular bike-sharing system allows you to rent a bike from one of the many stations located throughout the city.
- Pro Velo: Offering both traditional and electric bikes, Pro Velo provides a range of rental options for different preferences.
- Bike Brussels: With a wide selection of bikes and accessories, Bike Brussels is a reliable option for bike rentals in the city.
Villo! bikes can be rented for short periods, making them convenient for exploring Brussels at your own pace.
Pro Velo also offers guided bike tours if you prefer to explore Brussels with the assistance of a knowledgeable guide.
Bike Brussels also provides repair services, ensuring that you have a smooth and enjoyable biking experience.
Biking around Brussels is a fantastic way to immerse yourself in the city’s culture, history, and natural beauty. Whether you choose to explore the historic city center, discover the green spaces, or cycle along the canals, Brussels offers a diverse range of biking routes to suit every preference. With the availability of bike rentals, you can easily embark on your own biking adventure and create lasting memories in this vibrant Belgian capital.