Manila Philippines Video
Savoring Manila Philippines: Top Local Eateries and Cafes
Manila, the capital city of the Philippines, is a vibrant and bustling metropolis that offers a diverse culinary scene. From traditional Filipino dishes to international cuisines, Manila has something to satisfy every palate. In this article, we will explore some of the top local eateries and cafes in Manila, where you can savor the flavors of this exciting city.
Manila Philippines Image 1:
1. Binondo: The World’s Oldest Chinatown
- Wai Ying Fast Food: Enjoy authentic Chinese cuisine at affordable prices in this popular restaurant. Try their dim sum and roasted meats.
- Eng Bee Tin: Indulge in traditional Chinese pastries and delicacies at this iconic bakery. Don’t miss their famous hopia.
- Ying Ying Tea House: Experience the charm of an old-style tea house while savoring delicious Chinese dishes. Their salted egg prawns are a must-try.
Manila Philippines Image 2:
2. Poblacion: The Hip and Trendy Neighborhood
- El Chupacabra: This Mexican-inspired joint offers mouthwatering tacos, burritos, and cocktails. Don’t forget to try their famous El Chupacabra wings.
- Hole in the Wall: A food hall that showcases a variety of cuisines. From Filipino street food to Japanese ramen, you’ll find it all here.
- Commune: A cozy cafe that serves specialty coffee and delicious pastries. Perfect for a relaxing afternoon break.
3. Kapitolyo: A Foodie Haven
- Locavore: Known for their modern take on Filipino cuisine, Locavore offers unique dishes like Sizzling Sinigang and Lechon and Oyster Sisig.
- Yvan Navy Burger: This burger joint serves juicy and flavorful burgers with a twist. Don’t miss their signature Yvan Navy Burger with homemade sauce.
- The Perfect Pint: Craft beer lovers will enjoy the extensive selection of local and international brews at this gastropub. Pair your beer with their delicious bar chow.
Manila Philippines Image 3:
4. Intramuros: A Taste of History
- Cafe Ilustrado: Located inside a historic Spanish-era house, this cafe offers a mix of Filipino and Spanish dishes. Try their famous Kare-Kare and Churros con Tsokolate.
- Rosa’s Cafe: A charming cafe that serves homemade Filipino comfort food. Their Chicken Adobo and Bibingka are crowd favorites.
- Barbara’s Heritage Restaurant: Experience a taste of Filipino culture with traditional dishes and live cultural performances at this iconic restaurant.
5. Makati: The Business District’s Culinary Scene
- Blackbird: Housed in a restored art-deco building, Blackbird offers a fine dining experience with a fusion of European and Asian flavors.
- Wildflour Cafe + Bakery: A popular brunch spot known for their freshly baked pastries, hearty sandwiches, and specialty coffee.
- Manam Comfort Filipino: This restaurant celebrates classic Filipino dishes with a modern twist. Don’t miss their signature Sinigang na Beef Short Rib and Watermelon Shake.
6. Quezon City: A Food Lover’s Paradise
- Lutong Bahay ni Aling Nene: Experience home-cooked Filipino meals at this cozy eatery. Their Crispy Pata and Kare-Kare are highly recommended.
- Mamou: Known for their mouthwatering steaks and comfort food, Mamou is a go-to place for meat lovers.
- The Chocolate Kiss Cafe: A beloved dessert haven that offers delectable cakes, pastries, and comfort food. Their Chocolate Sans Rival is a must-try.
7. Marikina: Shoe Capital and Food Destination
- Cafe Lidia: A charming cafe that serves Filipino comfort food and homemade desserts. Try their famous Pancit Malabon and Leche Flan.
- Kapitan Moy Restaurant: Located in a historic house, this restaurant offers Filipino dishes with a modern twist. Their Kare-Kareng Bagnet is a must-try.
- Cafe Katerina: Enjoy a cup of coffee and delicious pastries in this cozy cafe. Perfect for a relaxing afternoon in Marikina.
8. San Juan: Home of Gourmet Delights
- Gino’s Brick Oven Pizza: Famous for their thin-crust Neapolitan-style pizzas, Gino’s is a favorite among pizza enthusiasts.
- Hapag Heritage Cuisine: Experience a culinary journey through Filipino history at this restaurant. Their Bicol Express and Adobo sa Dilaw are must-tries.
- Little Baguio: Goto King: A well-known Filipino restaurant that specializes in goto (rice porridge) and other comforting Filipino dishes.
9. Pasay: Gateway to Flavors
- La Fiesta Buffet Restaurant: Indulge in an extensive buffet of Filipino dishes at this restaurant. Don’t miss their lechon and halo-halo.
- Seaside Dampa: Choose fresh seafood from the market and have it cooked according to your preference at this popular seafood destination.
- Redemptorist Church Food Stalls: Located near the Redemptorist Church, these food stalls offer a variety of Filipino street food and snacks.
10. Pasig: A Foodie’s Delight
- Mesa Filipino Moderne: Experience modern Filipino cuisine at this restaurant. Their Crispy Boneless Pata and Tinapa Roll are highly recommended.
- The Wholesome Table: A farm-to-table restaurant that offers healthy and organic dishes. Try their Quinoa Salad and Grass-fed Beef Burger.
- Black Olive Cerveceria: A craft beer bar that pairs their selection of local and international beers with delicious bar bites.
Manila, Philippines, is a food lover’s paradise with its diverse culinary scene. From traditional Filipino dishes to international flavors, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Explore these top local eateries and cafes to savor the unique flavors of Manila and immerse yourself in the city’s vibrant food culture.