Saint Petersburg Russia Video
Scenic Routes: Best Views and Photo Spots in Saint Petersburg Russia
Saint Petersburg, Russia, known as the “Venice of the North,” is a city filled with stunning architecture, picturesque canals, and beautiful parks. From grand palaces to charming streets, there are numerous scenic routes that offer breathtaking views and perfect photo spots. Whether you’re a nature lover, history enthusiast, or simply seeking Instagram-worthy locations, Saint Petersburg has it all. Here are ten sections highlighting the best views and photo spots in this magnificent city.
The Hermitage Museum
- Winter Palace: The iconic Winter Palace, part of the Hermitage Museum complex, is an architectural masterpiece. With its grand façade and intricate details, it provides a stunning backdrop for photos. Explore the Palace Square and capture the palace from different angles.
- The Neva River Promenade: Stroll along the Neva River promenade to enjoy panoramic views of the city. Capture the famous Palace Embankment, the Peter and Paul Fortress, and numerous bridges that adorn the river.
- The Jordan Staircase: Inside the Winter Palace, the Jordan Staircase is a magnificent staircase with a grand chandelier and intricate decorations. It offers a regal setting for photography.
- The Peacock Clock: Don’t miss the Peacock Clock in the Hermitage Museum. This exquisite timepiece features moving peacocks and is a unique photo opportunity.
The Peterhof Palace
- The Grand Cascade: The Grand Cascade at Peterhof Palace is a breathtaking ensemble of fountains and golden statues. Capture the water cascading down the steps and the golden statues glistening in the sunlight.
- The Upper Garden: The Upper Garden at Peterhof Palace is a beautifully manicured garden with colorful flowers and symmetrical designs. It offers a serene setting for photography.
- The Lower Park: Explore the vast Lower Park of Peterhof Palace, filled with numerous fountains, statues, and picturesque pathways. Take photos near the Grand Canal for stunning reflections.
- The Samson Fountain: The Samson Fountain, located in the Lower Park, is a majestic fountain depicting Samson tearing open the jaws of a lion. It makes for a striking photo backdrop.
The Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood
- The Exterior: The Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood is a masterpiece of Russian architecture. Its colorful onion domes and intricate mosaics create a stunning visual spectacle. Capture the church’s exterior from different angles.
- The Interior: Step inside the church to witness its breathtaking interior adorned with intricate mosaics. Capture the vibrant colors and detailed artwork.
- The Canals: The Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood is located near several picturesque canals. Capture the church’s reflection in the calm waters for a unique photo opportunity.
- The Griboedov Canal: Stroll along the Griboedov Canal and capture the church’s reflection in the water. This canal offers a charming setting for photography.
The Peter and Paul Fortress
- The Fortress Walls: Explore the Peter and Paul Fortress and capture the fortress walls from different perspectives. The red-brick walls provide a striking contrast against the blue sky.
- The Cathedral: Visit the Peter and Paul Cathedral, located within the fortress. Its tall spire and golden angel offer a unique photo opportunity.
- The Beach: The Peter and Paul Fortress is located on Hare Island, which has a small sandy beach. Capture the fortress in the background as you enjoy the waterfront scenery.
- The Naryshkin Bastion: Climb the Naryshkin Bastion for panoramic views of the city. Capture the sweeping vistas and the Neva River flowing below.
The Summer Garden
- The Grand Cascade: The Summer Garden features a beautiful Grand Cascade fountain. Capture the water cascading down the steps and the surrounding greenery.
- The Marble Bridge: Stroll across the elegant Marble Bridge and capture the scenic views of the Summer Garden and the Neva River.
- The Statues: The Summer Garden is adorned with numerous statues, including those of Greek gods and goddesses. Capture the intricate details and artistic beauty of these sculptures.
- The Flowerbeds: The Summer Garden boasts colorful flowerbeds that change with the seasons. Capture the vibrant blooms for a burst of natural beauty in your photos.
The Catherine Palace and Park
- The Amber Room: The Catherine Palace is famous for its legendary Amber Room. Capture the opulent interiors and the shimmering amber walls for a glimpse into Russian history.
- The Great Hall: Step inside the Great Hall of the Catherine Palace and capture its grandeur. The ornate decorations and magnificent chandeliers create a regal atmosphere.
- The Palace Gardens: Explore the vast park surrounding the Catherine Palace. Capture the beautiful landscapes, manicured lawns, and charming bridges.
- The Cameron Gallery: The Cameron Gallery, located in the Catherine Palace park, is a neoclassical pavilion with beautiful columns and a tranquil pond. It offers a picturesque photo spot.
The Kazan Cathedral
- The Exterior: The Kazan Cathedral is an impressive neoclassical building with a colonnaded façade. Capture its grandeur and symmetry from different angles.
- The Interior: Step inside the Kazan Cathedral to witness its magnificent interior, adorned with beautiful columns, chandeliers, and religious icons. Capture the serene atmosphere.
- The Plaza: The Kazan Cathedral is located on Nevsky Prospect, the main street of Saint Petersburg. Capture the bustling plaza and the cathedral’s imposing presence.
- The Bell Tower: Climb the Kazan Cathedral’s bell tower for panoramic views of the city. Capture the sweeping vistas and the city’s skyline.
The Mikhailovsky Garden
- The Grotto: The Mikhailovsky Garden features a charming grotto with cascading waterfalls and lush greenery. Capture the tranquil atmosphere and the natural beauty of the surroundings.
- The Pavilion: The garden has a beautiful pavilion with intricate architectural details. Capture this picturesque structure amidst the greenery.
- The Flowerbeds: The Mikhailovsky Garden boasts vibrant flowerbeds that bloom throughout the year. Capture the colorful blossoms and their fragrant beauty.
- The Swan Lake: The park has a serene swan lake, where you can capture graceful swans gliding on the water. It’s a perfect spot for nature photography.
The Peter and Paul Fortress Beach
- The Sandy Beach: The Peter and Paul Fortress Beach offers a sandy shoreline along the Neva River. Capture the beach’s tranquil atmosphere and the views of the fortress in the background.
- The Sunset: Visit the beach during sunset for stunning golden hour photography. Capture the vibrant colors reflecting on the water and the silhouette of the fortress.
- The Promenade: Take a leisurely stroll along the promenade, lined with benches and picturesque views. Capture the peaceful ambiance and the city’s skyline.
- The River Views: From the beach, you can enjoy panoramic views of the Neva River. Capture the river’s shimmering waters and the boats passing by.
The Summer Palace of Peter the Great
- The Exterior: The Summer Palace of Peter the Great is a charming wooden palace with colorful facades. Capture its unique architecture and the lush gardens surrounding it.
- The Interiors: Step inside the palace to discover its beautifully preserved rooms, showcasing the lifestyle of Peter the Great. Capture the ornate details and historical artifacts.
- The Gardens: The Summer Palace is surrounded by picturesque gardens with manicured lawns, flowerbeds, and charming pathways. Capture the natural beauty and peaceful ambiance.
- The Pond: The palace has a tranquil pond in front, reflecting the beauty of the surroundings. Capture the serene atmosphere and the palace’s reflection in the water.
Saint Petersburg, Russia, offers a plethora of scenic routes and photo spots that will leave you in awe. From the grandeur of the Hermitage Museum to the colorful domes of the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, each location provides a unique opportunity for capturing stunning photographs. Whether you’re exploring palaces, gardens, or canals, Saint Petersburg’s beauty is unparalleled. Don’t forget your camera or smartphone to document these unforgettable moments.