Antalya Turkey Video
Beaches in Antalya Turkey
Antalya, located on the southwest coast of Turkey, is known for its stunning beaches that attract millions of tourists each year. With its crystal-clear turquoise waters, golden sandy shores, and breathtaking landscapes, Antalya offers a variety of beach experiences for every visitor. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing day under the sun or seeking thrilling water sports activities, Antalya’s beaches have something for everyone.
- Konyaalti Beach: Located to the west of Antalya’s city center, Konyaalti Beach stretches for several kilometers and offers a beautiful view of the Taurus Mountains. This pebble beach is a popular spot for locals and tourists alike. Visitors can enjoy sunbathing, swimming, or taking leisurely walks along the promenade lined with cafes, restaurants, and shops.
- Lara Beach: Situated to the east of the city, Lara Beach is known for its long stretch of golden sand and crystal-clear waters. It is home to many luxurious beach resorts and hotels, making it a popular destination for those seeking a beachfront getaway. Visitors can indulge in various water sports activities such as jet skiing, parasailing, and banana boat rides.
- Phaselis Beach: Located within the ancient city of Phaselis, this beach offers a unique blend of history and natural beauty. Surrounded by ancient ruins and pine forests, Phaselis Beach provides a tranquil atmosphere for relaxation. Visitors can explore the archaeological site and take a refreshing swim in the clear waters of the Mediterranean.
- Cleopatra Beach: Situated in the town of Alanya, about 130 kilometers east of Antalya, Cleopatra Beach is known for its fine golden sand and crystal-clear waters. Legend has it that Cleopatra herself swam in these waters, which adds to the allure of the beach. With its stunning scenery and well-preserved natural surroundings, Cleopatra Beach is a must-visit for beach lovers.
- Adrasan Beach: Nestled in a picturesque bay surrounded by pine-covered mountains, Adrasan Beach offers a peaceful escape from the bustling city life. The beach is known for its untouched natural beauty and serene atmosphere. Visitors can enjoy swimming in the calm waters or simply relax on the soft sands while admiring the stunning surroundings.
Lakes in Antalya Turkey
Antalya is not only blessed with beautiful beaches but also boasts several stunning lakes that are worth exploring. These lakes provide a serene and tranquil environment, surrounded by lush greenery and breathtaking landscapes.
- Lake Beysehir: Located in the province of Konya, Lake Beysehir is the largest freshwater lake in Turkey. It offers a peaceful retreat for nature lovers and birdwatchers. The lake is home to various bird species, including flamingos and pelicans. Visitors can take a boat tour to explore the lake’s pristine waters and enjoy the scenic views.
- Green Lake: Situated in the town of Manavgat, Green Lake is a hidden gem tucked away in the Taurus Mountains. The lake gets its name from its emerald-green color, which is a result of the minerals in the water. Surrounded by pine forests and lush vegetation, Green Lake is a great spot for hiking, picnicking, and swimming in its refreshing waters.
- Oymapinar Dam Lake: Located near the town of Manavgat, Oymapinar Dam Lake is a popular destination for both locals and tourists. The lake is surrounded by rugged mountains and offers a tranquil setting for relaxation and water-based activities. Visitors can go fishing, take a boat trip, or simply enjoy the scenic beauty of the surrounding landscape.
- Salda Lake: Often referred to as the “Turkish Maldives,” Salda Lake is known for its unique white sandy beaches and crystal-clear turquoise waters. The lake is surrounded by a natural park and offers stunning views of the Taurus Mountains. Visitors can swim in the lake’s mineral-rich waters, sunbathe on the sandy shores, or take a leisurely walk along the promenade.
- Acigol Lake: Situated near the town of Burdur, Acigol Lake is a hidden gem that offers a peaceful and tranquil atmosphere. Surrounded by rolling hills and forests, the lake is a paradise for nature lovers. Visitors can enjoy birdwatching, fishing, and camping in the designated areas around the lake.
Rivers in Antalya Turkey
Antalya is blessed with several beautiful rivers that flow through its picturesque landscapes, offering breathtaking views and opportunities for various water activities.
- Koprulu River: Located in the Koprulu Canyon National Park, Koprulu River is famous for its thrilling white-water rafting experiences. The river flows through a stunning canyon, surrounded by lush green forests and rocky cliffs. Adventure enthusiasts can enjoy rafting down the rapids while enjoying the spectacular scenery.
- Duden River: Duden River is formed by the convergence of several smaller rivers and flows into the Mediterranean Sea. The river is famous for its stunning waterfalls, particularly the Upper Duden Waterfall and the Lower Duden Waterfall. Visitors can take boat tours to explore the river and witness the cascading waterfalls up close.
- Manavgat River: Flowing through the town of Manavgat, the Manavgat River offers a peaceful and scenic escape. The river is surrounded by lush green landscapes and is known for its beautiful waterfalls. Visitors can take boat tours along the river, go fishing, or enjoy a picnic by the riverbanks.
- Aksu River: Aksu River is located near the city of Antalya and offers a serene and picturesque setting. The river is surrounded by citrus groves and offers opportunities for fishing and boat tours. Visitors can also enjoy a leisurely walk along the riverbanks and soak in the tranquility of the surroundings.
- Dim River: Situated in the town of Alanya, Dim River is known for its stunning natural beauty and crystal-clear waters. The river flows through a lush valley and offers a perfect spot for relaxation and picnicking. Visitors can rent a riverside bungalow, swim in the refreshing waters, or enjoy a traditional Turkish meal at one of the riverside restaurants.
Antalya, Turkey, is a paradise for water adventure enthusiasts. With its stunning beaches, picturesque lakes, and beautiful rivers, the city offers a wide range of water-based activities and breathtaking natural beauty. Whether you’re looking to relax on the sandy shores, explore ancient ruins near the beaches, or enjoy thrilling water sports in the rivers, Antalya has something for everyone. Plan your trip to Antalya and immerse yourself in the wonders of its water adventures.